Sunday, June 05, 2005

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Today is June 5th, here on the moon, and I am celebrating a very special person's birthday. Today is my very sweet grandmother's birthday and she would have been 107 years old, being born in 1898.

She was my mother's mother and I grew up with her being very dear to my heart and me to hers. I always felt that we had a special connection, maybe because she always made me feel so special. She was such a loving, kind person that never met a stranger.

Back in the days of when my mother was growing up, my mother could remember times when my grandmother invited into her home people that were down on their luck, and fixing them a meal to eat. My grandmother really never had alot of money, but she did have a lot of compassion for others.

My mother was the only girl and had eight brothers, so you can imagine that my grandmother probably never had any time for herself. She had many grandchildren and we all loved her so very much.

Her nickname was "Ja Ja" and that's what all of us grandchildren and everyone called her, which was a name given to her by a little boy that she had kept for years, that couldn't pronounce her last name of Johnson.

So Happy Birthday Ja Ja!!! I love you so very, very much and miss you tremendously. You are still so very deep in my heart and always will be. You always made me feel that I was your favorite.

Until we meet again.....Greetings and Salutations from the Moon...............Lj

1 Comments:

Blogger Kimosabe said...

I'm glad you liked my stories. We both had grandmothers that were special! May they live in our hearts forever!

8:07 PM, June 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!
MOONGLOW (Rod Stewart)

Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com